Create your own online pile of junk! Plemp allows you to upload/put stuff
on a single canvas, for sharing, collaging or any purpose you can think of.
* Uploading of image/music/video/text files
* Adding content by means of pasting text
* Syntax highlighting of source code files
* (Re)arranging of the files
* Some visual effects for eye candy purposes
* Distributed management of the arrangement, i.e. everybody viewing the
Plemp page will (with some delay) see the same arrangement
Plemp! is an Camping application, so you need:
* Ruby 1.8 (>= 1.8.6) or 1.9 (>= 1.9.1)
* Camping (>= 2.0)
* Active Record (>= 2.3)
* Markaby, and optionally:
The following Ruby librares are required:
* Prototype (>= 1.6)
* Script.aculo.us (>= 1.8)
For now, Plemp! is in a developing state and not ready for site-wide
deployment yet. However, before running, make sure that prototype.js and
by copying or symlinking them there.
Run from the command line:
$ camping plemp.rb
and head over to http://localhost:3301/ to view and use the Plemp! canvas.
Files can be upload or text can be pasted using the Add/Upload Dialog
invoked by pressing the Plus key or the Plus button in the top-right
corner. Once uploaded, the objects can be arranged by dragging them
Plemp! is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.